THE THIRTY BBS COMMANDMENTS
It has finally happened. Some very intelligent SysOp gave some great thought to how a BBS should be operated and came up with the 30 BBS Commandments. We would be very remiss if We kept these from you, so here they are:
1. Thou shall love thy BBS with all thy heart and all thy bytes. 2. Thou shalt remember thy name and password. 3. Thou shalt not POST IN ALL CAPS! 4. Thou shalt use thy real name. 5. Thou shalt only call a BBS two times a day. 6. Honor thy SysOp. 7. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's password, nor his or her
real name, computer, software, nor any other thing belonging to him or her.
8. Thou shalt not post messages that are stupid, worthless, or
have no meaning.
10. Thou shalt spell thy words correctly. 11. Thou shalt not use a "handle" unless thine computer is made
12. Thou shalt delete thine olden messages. 13. Thou shalt help other users. 14. Thou shalt not post anonymously when offering criticism. 15. Thou shalt keep thy foul language to thyself. 16. Thou shalt not occupy thy BBS with thine arguments, for
Verily, I say unto thee that thou shalt maketh a fool of thyself.
17. Woe be unto the user who attempt to crash thy BBS, for he or
she shalt be cast out from the sanctuary of thy hobby and must repent by doing 40 days and 40 nights of penance of voice-only communications.
18. Thou shalt first dial BBS numbers during the day by way of
voice line to assure correct numbers.
19. Thou shalt not beg for E-Mail. 20. Thou shalt not post messages while drunk. 21. Thou shalt confine thy messages to those of friendship,
requests for assistance, aid to the needy, advice, and advancement of thy hobby; and thou art obligated to repel any who wouldst transgress upon those commandments.
22. If thou doth promise to reply to a message and thou doth not,
then surely thou shalt spill coffee into thy keyboard and burn out thy central processing chip.
23. Thou shalt not giveth any false information when applying for
membership to a BBS, for verily it is written that whosoever shall do so will surely be found out and thy welcome on all boards will be thus denied forever and ever.
24. Thou shalt log on properly and in accordance with the SysOp's
25. Thou shalt observe BBS time limits. 26. Thou shalt not upload "worm" programs. 27. Thou shalt not ask stupid questions that are already fully
explained in the BBS instructions.
28. Thou shalt not exchange copy protected software thru the BBS. 29. Thou shalt not violate applicable state/federal/local laws
and regulations affecting BBS telecommunications, or thy will feel the wrath of thy judicial system.
30. Thou shalt not hack.